What do you know about the Holocaust? What do you know about the Nazi regime, which killed more than 18 million people? What do you know about the 6 million Jews who didn’t survive WWII?
We should never forget about this tragedy. We should never let it happen again. The more we know, the less likely a repetition of this catastrophe will occur. Read the list below, and pick one of the Holocaust topics to think about.
Argumentative Holocaust Research Paper Topics
- What are the main arguments for debunking Holocaust denial?
- Does humanity learn from history? Explain your point of view through the example of the Holocaust.
- Is it important to talk about the Holocaust in history classes?
- Why should the Holocaust be taught more?
- Was the Holocaust a planned action or one of the consequences of war?
- Can one person be responsible for the horrors of the Holocaust?
- Were German Jews able to stop the rise of Nazism?
- Should the international community intervene actively if something similar to the Holocaust happens today?
- The Holocaust in relation to Israel: a country of victims or heroes?
- Should the Allies have destroyed the concentration camps in an earlier stage of the Holocaust even at the cost of making victims of the prisoners?
- Did all Nazi soldiers approve of the genocide?
- Why should the Holocaust never be forgotten?
- “The holocaust only occurred because of Hitler’s ideas about race.” To what extent is this statement true?
- Could something similar to the Holocaust happen in modern Germany? Why or why not?
- Is the Holocaust a unique historical event?
- Why should we remember the American Indian Holocaust?
- How can stereotypes be dangerous? Explain with the example of the Holocaust.
- Could a higher level of resistance among Jewish people and European citizens stop the Holocaust?
- Should denial of the Holocaust be illegal?
- Should Hitler be solely responsible for the Holocaust?
Cause and Effect Holocaust Essay Topics
- The causes and consequences of the Holocaust.
- Did the Holocaust affect only Jewish people or other minorities as well?
- What inaction is the main reason for the massive genocide in Germany in the 1940s?
- How has the Holocaust influenced the creation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?
- The negative impact of the Holocaust on the Jewish and German generation after World War II.
- The long-term effect of the Holocaust on the modern Jewish community.
- What impact did the Holocaust have on the creation of the European Union?
- How did the bystander effect influence the social attitude toward the genocide during WWII?
- How has the Holocaust affected the creation of Israel?
- Define the term “anti-Semitism.” Analyze the origins and reasons for this ideology.
- How has the Holocaust changed the perception of Jewish people in the world?
- How is the Holocaust responsible for an increase in atheism after WWII?
- How important was anti-Semitism for shaping the conditions for the beginning of the Holocaust?
- How did the Holocaust change the course of Western civilization?
Compare and Contrast Holocaust Research Topics
- Compare and contrast the Holocaust and the Cambodian genocide (causes, victims, and consequences).
- Compare and contrast how Elie Weisel and Primo Levi tell about life in concentration camps in their memoirs.
- The similarities and dissimilarities between the Jewish and Black Holocausts.
- Compare and contrast the Japanese internment camps in the USA and the concentration camps in Nazi Germany.
- Compare and contrast Jewish spiritual resistance and Jewish partisan resistance.
- Compare and contrast the Holocaust and the Rwanda genocide (causes, perpetrators, victims, consequences).
- Compare and contrast two concentration camps: Auschwitz and Dachau.
- How is the Holocaust similar to slavery from the perspective of justification?
- Compare and contrast the Holocaust and the Armenian Genocide in the Ottoman Empire (justification, purposes, propaganda, etc.).
- What are similarities between Jewish refugees during the Holocaust and Syrian refugees now?
Analytical Holocaust Research Paper Topics
- Who was Aribert Heim, and why was he called “Dr Death”?
- How did the Nazis deprive their prisoners of basic human dignity in concentration camps?
- What motives do the deniers of the Holocaust have?
- How did Nazi propaganda make Germans forget about basic moral principles during the Holocaust?
- Eugenic experiments in concentration camps during World War II.
- The Holocaust in Hungary/France/Italy/Poland/Denmark.
- Analyze the main stages of the Holocaust in Poland.
- How did the Holocaust happen?
- Why did Germans allow the Holocaust to happen in their country?
- The Holocaust twin experiments.
- What role did Righteous Among the Nations play in saving Jews from the genocide?
- Why did Jews become the enemies of Nazi ideology, and not another minority?
- Why did the Nazis persecute homosexuals during the Holocaust?
- Upstanders and bystanders during the Holocaust: a psychological analysis.
- Different forms of Jewish resistance during the Holocaust.
- The reaction of Catholic authorities and the Christian community on the Holocaust.
- What role did Pope Pius XII play during the Holocaust?
- What were the laws targeting Jewish people adopted during the Holocaust in Nazi Germany?
- Analyze the laws against the denial of the Holocaust. Which countries have adopted these laws and why?
- Rescue of the Danish Jews: why did Denmark resist the Nazis’ plans?
- Why were only 12 of 22 Nazi criminals sentenced to death during the Nuremberg trials?
- The decision-making process during the crisis through the example of the Holocaust.
- What role did the SS play in the Holocaust?
- Irena Sendler and how she saved 25,000 children during the Holocaust.
- How was Heinrich Himmler directly responsible for the Holocaust?
- How does the Holocaust question the existence of God?
- The Holocaust and development of science in Nazi Germany.
- Why is visiting Holocaust memorials necessary for modern youth?
Holocaust Topics in Art
- How reliable is “Schindler’s List” as a representation of the Holocaust?
- Does the main heroine of the book “Dry Tears” by Nechama Tec understand the reasons for the genocide?
- How has the experience in concentration camps changed the main character of the book “Night” by Elie Wiesel?
- “The Pianist”: a Holocaust movie.
- Can movies about the Holocaust keep modern society from racial discrimination?
- Do movies about the genocide trivialize the tragedy?
- How can literature help us remember and honor the victims of the Holocaust?
- Define the term “counter-monument.” How is anti-monumentalism connected with the Holocaust?
- Commemorating the Holocaust: the most famous monuments.
- What are the strengths and the weaknesses of the movie “Schindler’s List” from the perspective of the representation of the Holocaust?
- A theme of human resilience in the memoir “March to Freedom” by Edith Singer.
- How did the Holocaust affect Jewish literature?
- Analyze the function of gender and sexuality in two movies about the Holocaust.
- The loss of innocence in the books “Dry Tears” by Nechama Tec and “Night” by Elie Wiesel.
- The representation of the Holocaust in “Schindler’s List” by Steven Spielberg and “Shoah” by Claude Lanzmann.
- The concept of guilt in the graphic novel “Maus” by Art Spiegelman.
- The representation of the Holocaust in “The Diary of Anne Frank.”
- The role of personal diaries for post-Holocaust art.
- Is using the Holocaust topic for film-making moral?
- Can artworks about the Holocaust prevent the repetition of the tragedy today?
We hope that our list of Holocaust topics will make you think about something more important than your daily routines. Anyway, the best way to honor the memory of the victims is to be grateful for a chance to live a better life today.
Photo by RJPP from Pixabay
Topic suggestion tool
Instantly find great topics for your essay