Psychology is a subject that offers a scientific explanation of how we feel, think and behave. Have you ever spared a thought about why some people are socially active and why some choose to stay away from the crowd and gathering? Or why you can recall certain situations and incidents while others can’t? What’s the reason behind certain actions? The study of how the human mind works has been going on since the time of the ancient Greeks, but the inception of the scientific study of psychology happened only over a hundred years ago.
How To Write an Essay on Psychology
Preparing an essay, lab report or case study or other academic papers on psychology can be a complex process. Other than actually writing the texts, you need to put forward a strong topic, conduct thorough research to find relevant data. But even if the process seems too demanding, you can continue the process by going through some simple yet effective steps.
- Brainstorm on the possible relevant topics that can be highlighted in your paper. Once you have decided on a topic, you can conduct a precise research to gather the right resources to go with your paper. Find the most intriguing resources that are connected with your topic. You can check out your university library or search the internet for pertinent sources.
- Now that you have acquired a sufficient number of various potential sources, it’s time for you to focus on preparing a primary list of all the scholarly articles, journals, books, and other potential resource materials to be used in your final paper. Initially, you can cultivate every source on the list. But as you proceed with preparing the assignment and bring down the focus of your assignment, you can remove some of the information that does not go well with the supporting statements of your topic.
- As you delve deeper into the research process, it is significant to methodically arrange the details you have accumulated. Organizing your research can make preparing your paper a lot simpler. There are multiple different procedures you can adopt to carry out this process. So, you should choose the technique that suits the topic perfectly.
- The writer should at least present one rough draft of the paper before proceeding with polishing the texts.
- The essay must consist of maximum three to five paragraphs with the inclusion of the introductory section, main text (at least three paragraphs) and a concluding portion.
- While writing you should always crosscheck the rough draft of the psychology paper thoroughly to remove any grammar or spelling errors, and incorrect sentence construction.
- After preparing the final draft of the paper, you should proofread it again to detect errors before submitting the assignment to the professor.
The Reasons Why Studying Psychology is Important
If you’ve chosen to pursue a psychology degree, then there may have been some things that prompted you to take up the subject. You may be fascinated with the way the human brain functions, maybe you’ve read about it before or maybe you want to pursue a career as a therapist. Here are the reasons that you have chosen appropriately.
1. It encompasses everything
When you have psychology as your subject, then you are actually delving into the human behaviour, and this is a subject that has a direct impact on every action you take in your lifetime. Simply put, psychology allows you to nurture your relationships more efficiently, and that includes your relationships in your workspace, with friends and with acquaintances and with family.
2. Psychology promotes critical thinking abilities
The ability to critically analyze is a skill that you can acquire by studying psychology. Most the courses offered in psychology consists of examining various theories and ideas that have been mentioned in different sections of the subject and then trying to decipher which of those offer insightful and relevant information. By evaluating the probable drawbacks in those arguments, you can be better prepared to indulge in discussions and make assumptions.
3. Psychology involves statistics
When you pursue psychology as your major, you not only get to know about the human mind and behaviour, but you also learn about science as a whole. That implies you will get acquainted with certain elements of statistics which in turn can assist you to solve mathematical equations. So, this is another obvious benefit that you should rake in for taking up psychology.
Essay Topics for Your Psychology Papers
Pursuing a degree in psychology would require you to prepare multiple essays, case studies or lab reports. With the constant pressure of producing back-to-back assignments, you may run out of ideas to put together a brilliant essay. So listed below are some topics covering the various areas of psychology that you can get inspired by.
Topics from General Psychology
- Psychological manipulation of human consciousness and the techniques of protection.
- Psychology of Gaming: A comprehensive analysis of the Rising popularity of Pokemon Go.
- The psychology behind needs: The functions of Maslow’s theory.
- Experiment as a potent tool for research and its ethical drawbacks.
- Social cognitive theory and its observations.vi) Perceptions of Schizophrenia patients
- How does compulsive buying disorder affects an individual
- The changing nature of alcohol abuse over time.
- Theories of Anxiety and how it affects a human being
- Manifestation of the dark side of an individual and how to deal with it.
- Various classifications of Mood Disorder.
- The importance of hypnotherapy in the treatment of psychological disorders
- What is Pharmacotherapy? And how is it adopted?
- The necessity of Stress inoculation Therapy
- Protective techniques in the psychodiagnostic evaluation
Topics from Cognitive Psychology
- Cognitive patterns of gamers based on their preferences for different gaming activities.
- The social representation of talented children from the perspective of cognitive psychology.
- The cognitive and behavioural impact of various forms of media on the adolescents.
- The impact of music on the development of cognitive abilities in children belonging to primary school age.
- The Importance of attention to the growth of the cognitive abilities.
- The psychological phenomenon of the “Déjà vu” effect.
- The importance of art therapy techniques in socio-psychological training
- How do we make choices? The psychology of decision making
- What is Collective Intelligence? How is it applied within a workplace
- The role of creativity in inspiring innovation
- Why do we suppress the unpleasant memories?
- A comprehensive study about the possible connection between problem solving and intelligence
- What approaches can be adopted to recover lost or forgotten memories?
- How to apply the theories of cognitive psychology within the sphere of marketing?
- How has our knowledge of the brain functions evolved over the past 50 years?
- A critical assessment of language development among children
- Are there any distinction in brain structure that can influence upon the way in which men and women or adults and children approach problem solving?
- The concept of cognitive psychology and its connection with Buddhism
- The manifestation of emotional responsiveness and how it should be treated.
- How does cognitive development take place within preschool children.
- The cause and diagnosis of Episodic Memory
- The impact of modern technology upon our attention span
- Elucidate on the human mind’s ability to distort facts
Topics from Abnormal Psychology
- Various techniques of the diagnosis of certain personality disorders among the younger generation.
- The role of heredity in influencing the phenomenon of Depressive disorders in children and teenagers.
- The psychological aspects of social anxiety disorders and its treatment.iv) The appropriate diagnosis and treatment of women suffering from Depressive disorders during menopause.
- The sensations of nocturnal panic attacks and its link with depressive disorders.
- The features of persistent depressive disorders in patients suffering from Multiple Sclerosis.
- Critical analysis of the functions of emotional “Stoop” effect.
- Transgression of the general elements of cognitive activity in young men and women with schizophrenic ailments.
- Elements of psychological protection of drug addicts and their connection with personality traits.
- Narcissism and issues with body image in the patients suffering from eating disorders and obesity.
- What is deviant behavior? How does it influence an individual
- The psychology of Deceit: How to deal with the habit of lying
- The cognitive and social factors that inspire the act of deception
- The phenomenon of Oedipus complex and how it is caused.
- How to deal with sociopathic behavior
- Strategies to counter the rising incidents of teenage suicide
- Psychological factors that play major role in influencing the suicidal tendencies among adolescents
- The psychological factors influencing Bulimia Nervosa and its treatment
- Deciphering and diagnosing the phenomenon of Narcissism
- Innovative approaches to deal with the condition of Phobia
- How to cope with the sense of fear among children
- The application of anti-depressants in treating the psychological disorders
- An overview on the condition of Bipolar Disorder
- The impact of climate on mental health
Topics of Developmental Psychology:
- The phenomenon of aggressive behaviour in children and what causes it.
- How to prevent the child suicides and connection with family feuds.
- The psychological phenomenon of an individual who has been subjected to abuse in the family.
- The importance of games as a medium for inculcating psychological competence in adolescence.
- The impact of media on the development of a child’s personality.
- The formation of moral and reflective judgment.
- Emotional and behavioural attributes of children belonging to dysfunctional families.
- The background and causes of Dyslexia and the methods of diagnosis and treatment of the disorder
- Society and its influence on the act of instant gratification
- Exposure to violence among children: Is it a threat?
- Social media and its psychological influence on the masses
- The developmental concerns of children brought up in a modern family.
- What are attachment theory and its connection with a classroom environment
- The influence of curiosity in children
- Explain the phenomenon behind the developing friendship with an imaginary figure
- The psychological aspect of imitation among children affected by Autism
- How to counter aggression among children
- The application of anger management in children
- Coping with low self-esteem in teenage
- How the order of birth shapes a child’s perceptions
- The relationship between a child’s IQ and his/her order of birth
- The phenomenon of psychic trauma in childhood
- The psychological factors that influence the emotional wellbeing of a child
- The basic elements of children psychopathology
So if you are struggling to find the perfect topic for your psychology essay, with these handy tips, you can be prepared to present impeccable assignment papers at your university or college.
Finding Your Psychology Topic To Be Too Complicated? Hire our custom writers to deal with your assignments today!
Psychology as a stream of study could be quite demanding, considering the multiple facets and layers that are involved in the subject. While the subject may seem quite intriguing to those pursuing it, but sometimes students get stuck with various complex theories and concepts that are a part of the subject. For those students, MyAssignmenthelp.com presents the best custom writing services. The skilled essay writers from our website can efficiently prepare your essay writing assignments by following every single guideline mentioned by you.
Our paper help services are meticulously created to cater to the myriad of academic needs of the students to fix their assignment woes. Our essay paper writers have an illustrious academic background with PhD degrees to their credit. These expert essay helpers are equipped with the right kind of knowledge when it comes to providing essay help to the clients. So, when you’re in search of an affordable and cheap essay help, you can always count on our services. No matter how difficult the essay writing topics turn out to be, our writers ensure that your paper meets your expectations without fail.
Aside from our efficient essay typers, we have also appointed seasoned essay editors and proofreaders, so that the paper never falls short regarding credibility and quality.
Was this article helpful?