JustBuyEssay.com • Posted on
In our daily life, we often compare things to make the right decision. However, most school children and college students feel puzzled when assigned to develop a comparison essay. The stumbling block here is a need to choose among compare and contrast essay topics. The more interesting topic you’ll pick, the more chances you have to pass with flying colors.
We have gathered superb compare and contrast essay topics in this article. Helpful writing tips are also present here for your consideration. Check them out, and you will realize that writing can be easy breezy!
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics: How to Choose?
There are a few helpful ideas that can help to choose great compare and contrast essay topics. Check them below to learn more.
- When choosing an essay topic, think about the target audience beforehand. Look through actual issues which have a chance to hook your readers’ attention. After brainstorming ideas, find things for the effective comparison.
- Remember to choose objects belonging to one sphere. Use all pieces of advice you can find while choosing compare and contrast essay topics. First of all, analyze things that look the same but have at least one difference, for example, meals cooked by mom and semi-finished ones found in a supermarket.
- The comparative approach methods point out the already established views on certain phenomena, and facts can be reconsidered. Your essay should help discover features that are specific to a particular object or phenomenon. Thus, it promotes a deeper study of things. Also, remember to search for distinctive features at different levels of research.
- The leading principle of picking a good topic is finding some characteristic feature similar to both objects.
Best Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Have no ideas what to compare or wondering, “What are some good compare and contrast essay topics?”. Get inspired by checking out the list for different levels of education.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Kids
- Fruit vs. vegetables
- Linux or Windows
- Tablet vs. paper textbooks
- Classical vs. pop music
- Cinemas vs. theatres
- Active or passive rest
- Playing inside or outside
- Is your character similar to your parents’?
- Doctor and teacher
- Swimming vs. flying
- Tennis vs. badminton
- Football and basketball
- American soccer vs. basketball
- Ballet vs. breakdance
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for Middle School
We have divided these topics by subjects for your convenience.
- Civil World War I and II
- Two famous historical leaders
- Politics in America now and twenty years ago
- European History and US history
- Paleolithic and Neolithic periods
- Two public people
- Economic development of America and China
- Two personalities who contributed to the history of England
- Two plays by Shakespeare
- Quotes of the well-known personalities
- Two books of the classical writers
- Two writers of prose
- Prose or poetry
- Russian vs. English writers: choose the two most famous in the same genre
- Jane Austen or Charlotte Bronte.
- Two works of Oscar Wilde
- Romeo and Juliet vs. Macbeth of Shakespeare
- Tolkien vs. Joan Rowling
- Two characters from the Harry Potter books
Popular Things to Compare
- Black vs. white: best color for formal meetings
- Apple vs. pear
- Getting vs. presenting gifts: what is more pleasant?
- Sunbathing at the seaside vs. going sightseeing
- Short vs. long hair
- Your lifestyle and your favorite celebrity
- Coffee or tea
- Cinnamon compared to sugar
- Cats or dogs
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for High School Students
Great compare and contrast essay topics are listed below.
IT and Gadgets
- Compare iOS to Android
- E-mail vs. usual post
- Buying things online or shopping at malls
- Skype vs. phone communication
- Smart house vs. common home
- Samsung compared to Apple
- Hardware and software.
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone 12
Topics about Influential People
- Hitler and Churchill
- Joe Biden vs. Donald Trump
- Ryan Reynolds or Donald Glover.
- Conor McGregor vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Abraham Lincoln and John Franklin Kennedy
- Volcano eruption and earthquakes: what causes more damage?
- Geology and mineralogy
- Einstein theories
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics for College
Here you will find some outstanding compare and contrast essay topics for college students.
- Compare a virus to infection
- Vitamins from foods vs. vitamins from complexes: which are better for health?
- People DNA vs. animals
- Covid-19 compared to flu
- Women vs. men occupying managerial positions: who is more successful?
- Two most profitable goods and services markets
- Cola and Pepsi: management techniques
Other Topic Ideas
- American vs. Chinese concepts of beauty
- Rock vs. rap music
- Apartment vs. private house
- Schoolteacher and university professor: benefits and disadvantages
- Books vs. movies
- Private vs. public schools
Easy Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
- Sports or diets: what is more effective for weight loss?
- Audiobooks or paper books
- Fashion today and twenty years before
- Silver and gold
- Chocolate and marmalade candies
- Autumn vs. spring
- Love vs. friendship
- Cars vs. bikes
- Watching horror films on TV vs. on the large cinema screen
- New branded clothes vs. second-hand clothes
- Diets vs. drugs for weight loss
- Cooking video recipes vs. traditional cookery books
- Money vs. gift for a birthday
- Jeans or dresses for a party
How to Write a Compare and Contrast Essay?
After that, a student is supposed to conclude the similarity of their content, the general orientation, etc. It makes data usage from one object while studying the other. Suppose in the course of the research, some discrepancies were found. In that case, this allows one to point out the peculiarity, specificity, and uniqueness of one phenomenon or object to another one.
Compare and Contrast Essay Outline
It is pretty important to adhere to a basic compare and contrast essay outline to write an excellent paper. Its structure doesn’t have many differences from other essay types.
- Introduce the subject
- Provide background information on the subject you are comparing and contrasting
- Add a strong thesis statement that expresses your viewpoint
2. Main body
- Provide your main arguments for each subject you compare
- Make sure you are comparing (discussing similarities) as well as contrasting (discussing differences)
- Do not just state the characteristics of one issue and then the other. Make sure to analyze them
- Discuss only one similarity or difference per paragraph
- Express your ideas clearly and logically
- Use transitional elements
- Summarize the main points of the paper. Do not just repeat them, but synthesize
- Restate thesis statement
- Provide general conclusion
- Provide areas of the topic for further research or investigation (if needed).
Effective Writing Tips
Are you stuck in front of an empty word document and have no idea how to write a compare and contrast essay?
- First, go through the basics. This writing type aims to set objects, people, places, events, etc., side by side and define similarities and differences.
- After you have sorted things out, hit books or the internet searching for relevant information and examples of similar essays. Most themes will require some specific knowledge, which means that the search for facts, statistics, and additional details will take much time. Brainstorm ideas and make notes. Make up a list of common features, characteristics, qualities. Don’t miss details that can play a significant role.
- You shouldn’t necessarily talk about all features if there are too many. Just choose things that matter the most and start writing following a specific structure format.
- Remember to compare, i.e., discuss similarities and contrast – talk about the differences.
- Your work will be well-organized if it consists of all the necessary essay parts: an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion. An effective structure should include at least these five paragraphs. Each section performs its own function. A short introductory part familiarizes your reader with the topic and makes it clear what will be next.
- Create an outline for your essay. It will serve as a plan and a guide to your writing.
- Remember how important it is to use eye-catchy first sentences to attract the attention of the audience. You may use some funny stories or real-life examples as a hook. Then don’t waste time and proceed to the text body revealing significant aspects with your findings concerning everyday things and different features. Finally, summarize and let your reader see the goal you wanted to achieve. Your audience shouldn’t doubt the usefulness of time spent on reading your paper.
- Do not forget to proofread your essay for grammar and stylistic mistakes and check it for plagiarism.
Compare and Contrast Essay Examples
Check out a couple of excellent compare and contrast essay examples to help you get the main idea:
Choosing outstanding compare and contrast essay topics can sometimes be difficult and time-consuming. Hopefully, this guide has made things about the comparison contrast essay clear for you.
In case you don’t want to waste time writing papers or conduct topic research, consider using our service. Our well-educated and experienced writers have all the necessary knowledge to provide you with the expected results within the deadline. They aren’t magicians, but their pens work magic. Any sphere and level of complexity will be dealt with successfully.
We appreciate those who trust us and offer unique services at affordable prices. Just place your order, and we will do our best. Enjoy an easy customer-friendly procedure of custom paper service. You will never regret using our high-quality essay service. Our main priority is to make your paper writing experience as enjoyable as possible.