Eight out of 10 college students complain of physical and mental problems owing to immense pressure of performing well in their studies. But have you ever wondered why students are vulnerable and exposed to threats like stress, depression and mood swings rather than leading a healthy lifestyle. The reason is they find difficulties in balancing their class lectures, tests, projects and extra-curricular activities along with social and personal life. So stress is unavoidable. But there are certain ways to combat stress in student life.
7 tips for healthy academic life
1. Food in perfect quantity
We would like to remind you how health and intellect influence each other. But when ‘healthy diet’ rings in your mind, you stay away and deprive yourself from the food you love. Sorry to say this, but you are making a mistake. There is nothing called ‘off the limits’ food. If you are drawn by salty, sweet and junk food, it is advisable not to eat them frequently or in large quantity. But you can always consume in moderate or small quantity. You can try the trick of using smaller plates, think about serving sizes in realistic terms and start small.
Your portion size
Carbohydrates like cereal/rice /pasta/potato
Your clenched fist
Proteins like meat/poultry/fish
Palm of your hand
Savories like crisps/popcorns/chips
2 of your cupped hands
Bakes like brownies/cakes
2 of your fingers
Butter and spreads
The tip of your thumb
2. Relaxation techniques
Relaxation techniques vary from one individual to another, what works on you may not work on others. Popular techniques like meditation, self-hypnosis and deep muscle relaxation have more or less the same effect. Try these relaxation techniques in different backgrounds because varied environments have different effects on you. These techniques do not come with complicated manuals; the difficult part is to fit them in your lifestyle. What you can simply do is take 10 minute break and do some stretching.
3. Sweet dreams
Do you know not getting enough sleep can contribute to acne, pimples and other skin problems. You definitely don’t want that, so you need 8 to 10 hours sleep to function best.
- Try to take a short nap during the day. Keep your workplace away from the sleeping space to keep insomnia at bay.
- If you have trouble sleeping in night which is one of the harsh aftermath of undergoing stress, try to create a bedtime routine. This will help to send message to your brain that it is time to get into sleep mode. Do not forget that sleep is as vital as the air you breathe in. So take protective measures.
4. Staying away from temptations
You would understand the grave consequences once you see these statistics. Every year 1,825 college students between the ages of 18 to 24 die due to unintentional alcohol injuries. More than 69,000 students between the ages of 19 to 24 have been assaulted by students who had been drinking. If that’s notall, see this. About 25 percent of students reported experiencing academic hazards like missing classes, falling behind lectures and failing in exams and papers. So you can understand what could be the end result of consuming alcohol.
We always ignore, ‘Cigarette smoking is injurious to health’. Let me rephrase the sentence for you so that you can better understand. This line means it impairs your body organs and causes fatal diseases like cancer. So now you know that you need to stay away from alcohol, tobacco and drugs.
5. Prevention of disease
There is an old saying you must be well-aware of — ‘prevention is better than cure’. It is always better to nip the trouble in the bud. Hygiene measures like washing hands and avoiding contact with germs can reduce the efforts of curing forthcoming diseases.
- If you have symptoms that are not clearing up for few days now, you definitely need a trip to the campus clinic or your doctor.
- Replenish cold and flu by drinking lots of water and fluids.
- Wear flip flops in your dorm bathrooms to avoid chances of getting bacterial and virus diseases.
6. Searching for happiness
When college students are exposed to high risk of depression, happiness is the only medicine that keeps them from the darkness of repressive mind. There are few things that you can try to avoid this awful situation.
- A big part of college experience is meeting new people and making new friends. So don’t restrain yourself from meeting good or may be bad people and involve those good people in your life.
- Do you think there is a way to make everyone happy? No there is not. So try to concentrate on making yourself happy first. This will reduce the sacks of stress you have been carrying.
- You will be more motivated if you set short-term goals and achieve it.
7. Get involved
Don’t just sit there. Empty mind always play tricky games with you. So involve yourself in some or the other activity. Joining clubs and social groups is helpful when you want to combat depression especially when you don’t want to stay alone or isolated.
Although it may seem impossible to reinforce all the good things in your life, but constructive thinking can help you. Do not think the glass is half-empty rather think its half-full. It is only about optimistic thinking. If you are adamant to get your life on the prosperous track, you won’t be stopped by anything.
How MyAssignmenthelp.com can help you to live healthier life?
Yes, MyAssignmenthelp.com has the potential to present you healthy lifestyle during your coursework writing. You may ask how? Let’s tell you how you can enjoy a peaceful academic life without tearing your hair out. First you need to know what is the prime cause of getting into a mess. It is assignment writing that makes you undergo a lot of repressive and stressed out moments. But you won’t feel the nerve-wrecking situation when you are with our assignment experts.
Our 3000+ expert assignment writers know their job and are dedicated to accomplish each task within given time limit. They are qualified and capable of providing online assignment help in more than 100 disciplines. You don’t need to go anywhere else once you try our assignment writing services that consist of custom essay help, dissertation writing services, coursework help and homework help.
Our authentic promises:
- If you have shortest time limit, just submit your assignment requirements to us
- You will always get best quality plagiarized free content from our writers
- You will never feel cheated about the price because we offer the best rates
- If you are not satisfied with our work, you can request for money back
- We do not charge a single penny for revision and can do it unlimited times.
So, order your assignment help by contacting our 24×7 live help service and enjoy stress-free assignment writing.
Was this article helpful?