JustBuyEssay.com • Posted on
“Nothing has such power to broaden the mind as the ability to investigate systematically and all that comes under thy observation in life.”
Every person faces various life situations when it is important to acquire information from a primary source to answer specific questions. Grab an observation essay example to see how experts arrange such information. Fact, observation, and inference are three words students should memorize. Writing a good observation essay makes a movie director out of the writer: he/she is focused on describing a particular experience using five senses:
Do you want your essay to make an imprint in the reader’s memory/leave an unforgettable impression? Buy custom academic papers online from one of the best writing companies in the US!
What Is an Observation Essay and Its Purpose
Observation essay is an essay that is written after observing some behavior, event, situation, phenomenon, people, etc. It presupposes expressing the writer’s opinion and peculiarities noticed in the process. Note that in this type of paper authors is allowed to use a first-person narration. The purpose of the observation essay is to describe the observed object in as a detailed way as possible.
Observation Essay Example of Outline
Read our unique guideline to have an observation essay example of outline!
You should face the problem discussed in your paper at least once in your life. To create a powerful observation essay, the author has to be a topic guru: describe what you survived or what inspires you.
Example: you decide to cover the topic of how safe it is to fly on a plane. It is not enough to take statistics and say it is the safest type of transport in the world without being the passenger. A good writer must share personal experience in order to support this claim. Attend a new restaurant before writing a review. Watch the latest movie before criticizing it in your work.
The planned experience involves taking notes, so carry a blank sheet of paper or mobile phone everywhere to write a part of what you wish to share. Leave the details for your first observation essay draft. Describe the entire process: from entering the restaurant and making an order to accepting the bill from the waiter. Conclude your impressions in the paper’s draft. Select several criteria to put a specific grade: quality of service, a variety of food, the location of the table, etc.
Each time your personal opinion changes (e.g., you order a different dish), write down these modifications. Put the events in a chronological order not to get confused. Ask your friends about the same restaurant to have a fuller picture before concluding.
Do not forget to obtain rights reserved once you’re done so that no one steals your words.
Write an Outline
To have a proper, logical paper structure, it is important to come up with an outline. Every time you get stuck, have a look at your observation essay plan to arrange the thoughts. You may change your final draft, but you must stick to the prepared outline. If your teacher requires, make a separate page with a detailed outline.
Do not hesitate to contact professional writing services in case you have problems with writing an outline or any other page.
Try to provide the reading audience with the unique opportunity to familiarize them with the described event/experience. Start with creating a sound hook sentence to catch your reader’s eyes. Share some background information to let the readers know why you have chosen the specific observation essay topics. Example: you discuss the political elections campaign; tell several words about the candidates and the general mood of the event. Write your thesis statement at the end of the paragraph. It will be the essay’s fundament.
How to start an observation essay
As in case with the majority of academic papers, it is recommended to start an essay with a hook sentence that will trigger the reader’s attention and spark and interest to read on the essay. Here are some ideas for hooks:
- shocking statistics
- interesting or unknown fact
- provocative question
- an anecdote
- a relevant quote. Avoid using trivial quotes. If you choose this option, use up-to-date ones, said by successful people of at least 20-21 century
- real- life example. This option usually works well. We recommend to use it to quotes..
2. Three-Paragraph Body
An observational essay has a body like any other type of academic assignment: research paper, article review, book report, etc. Teachers recommend developing a three-paragraph body with three powerful, supporting arguments. Arrange the notes according to your paper’s outline; add more details. Remember:
“Often it is tiny fragments which either make a picture convincing or incidental.”
Prevent your last paragraph from being wordy. Write a summary of the main points (arguments), restate your thesis sentence, and finish your paper with a call-to-action or another technique applied to leave powerful impressions. You may end with a rhetorical action, for example. Do not forget about the paper’s last page! The last page of an observation essay must contain a full bibliography list (list of references) to stress the author respects works with all rights reserved.
Proofread & Edit!
Want someone to check your final essay page by page? Place an order with the experienced online writing service, which serves college students around the English-speaking world!
Once you are done with your observation essay, do not hurry to submit your paper – there are several factors to check on every page:
- Spelling & Punctuation
Check whether the paper’s formatting corresponds to the instructor’s requirements; scan the final draft to see if it is 100% unique.
15 Most Effective Observation Essay Topics
Impressive vocabulary & organization skills are two other features a student needs to write a good observation essay. The main goal is not to deliver a certain message, but share valuable experience with your audience. It is important to choose the topic carefully. Discover free, useful observation essay examples to grab several great ideas for your personal paper.
Here is the list of observation essay topics to choose from:
- Thoughts on body piercing and tattoo
- Is tolerance important?
- Which video game may result in death?
- Significance of freedom and independence
- Meaning of money in modern world
- Sports develop leadership
- How I met my favorite movie star
- Is it dangerous to fly on the planes?
- Which book is worth reading at any age?
- New restaurant next-door
- The perfect birthday/wedding gift
- How must the word “honesty” be defined in dictionaries?
- Music as a great healing therapy
- How I personally became successful after writing the first page of my short story
- The qualities of true leaders based on people I met in my life
Type the title of the essay you like in Google search field to find a good observation essay example to use in your work.
Get Several Good Observation Essay Writing Tips
- Stay concise on the personal impression. Remember: the main goal of your personal paper is to ensure the reader’s experience will be enriched with your impressions.
- Get a notebook or mobile phone writing app to jot down every detail regarding your personal experience. A written word is more powerful than the one said before.
- Do not overload your observation essay with too many words; try to avoid wordiness by ignoring transitional & introductory words (try to limit their usage). Structure your thesis statement clearly by selecting only the most important words on the chosen topic.
- Apply several examples related to your topic by describing several situations you faced during the entire life in details. It helps the readers to get a wider picture as well as share your personal experience.
- An observation essay has a lot of common features with the descriptive narrative; play with five human senses. Make sure every page of your paper makes the reader taste, hear, smell, see, and even touch your topic.
- No matter what place or subject you describe, try to remain objective in order to make the readers trust you.
- Do not forget to insert quotes from the reliable primary sources. Mention all works with rights reserved on the last page called Bibliography.
Remember: it is necessary to share lessons learned in order to highlight the importance of your selected topic. You can find excellent observation essay examples online. If you feel your observation essay lacks something, or you want a professional writer to proofread & edit your paper, feel free to order online academic assistance from one of the most credible companies.
Enrich your outlook by getting involved in something completely new. Share your personal experience in your own words!